Tuesday, May 31, 2011

At the Flea Market

It was a muggy grey Saturday morning at the local flea market as the sun boldly dared to reveal itself behind the looming clouds. My friend Crissy and I had rented four car parking lot spaces for the day. Crissy was joyfully giving her oracle card readings as "the Good News Psychic" and I was liquidating my vast wardrobe of nursing scrubs. 
I was enjoying people-watching and eating my apple for lunch when something that appeared to be a floating piece of debris floated into the air in my direction and proceeded to choose  landing on top of my right shoulder! Ewww, was my first reaction! But as I peered down toward my shoulder I grasped the "debris" with my left hand and lifted it off  my shoulder bringing it closer to view... I looked more intently at it and saw that it was soft, fuzzy, and light grey colored. Why, it was a FEATHER! It was a teeny tiny baby BIRD feather! It couldn't have been bigger than 1/2 of an inch long! 
Then I began to think, wait a minute! there are absolutely NO trees in the vicinity! I am sitting in a portable green camper's chair in the middle of a large black tarred parking lot amidst a sea of people at a busy intersection bordering the cities of Waterford and Pontiac, Michigan! There was no evidence of Nature anywhere to be found other than this tiny feather that just "happened" to make its way on top of my right shoulder! And again, I realized this was another gift from Mom! She even placed the little feather on top of my right shoulder so that I would know without a doubt it was from her! I had been recovering from some serious injuries sustained from a fall I had a little over a year ago and my right shoulder had been one of my injured areas. 
A few weeks ago, I had received some Reconnective Healing sessions and during my second session,  my Mom made it known that she was there as I had felt the gentle pressure of a hand placed onto my right shoulder while at the same time, I whiffed the scent of  freshly baked banana bread permeating the practitioner's entire house! For folks who don't know; with Reconnective Healing, the practitioner NEVER touches the "patient" lying on the table and when the session was over, I looked the practitioner squarely in the eye and asked her if she had been baking banana bread in her house. (Of course, the answer was no!) My Mom  always  baked  amazingly delectable banana bread and us kids used to love gobbling  it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment