Sunday, February 19, 2012

At the End of the Trail....

I haven't written a new blog post in what seems like eons, but here we go! My life has been extremely fast-paced and full of major changes in the past year or so. In 2011, I moved twice, after not being able to keep my Clarkston apt, when after being seriously injured at work in 2010 from a fall,( worker's comp decided I was magically cured and didn't really still need 2 surgeries)- I moved into an acquaintance's trailer home and then after 2 months, was told I would have to move out 30 days later, by January 1st 2012.This really threw me as she had previously told me I could stay "as long as I needed to", and that she "couldn't ask for a better roommate..." I spent a fast and furious week immediately after Christmas in 24/7 prayer and vigilantly searched craigslist, newspapers, and drove through neighborhoods to find a place to live. I found (or rather God found) an apt in Wolverine Lake that was relatively quiet and accepted dogs. (Not allowing dogs would have been a deal breaker!). I filled out the application and waited and waited to hear back from the independent landlord to let me know if I could have the apt or not. I made a full-time job of correcting my fear-filled thoughts and focused on only the positive as I was wrestling with the anxiety knowing that my FICO credit score went from mid 600's a year before when I had $5,000 in the bank and was working with a realtor to buy a house to the high 500's now. Since my slip and fall that occurred in May of 2010, my whole life has been rearranged. Gone are all the things I thought were important or valuable to have in my life including people I thought were friends, furniture, apt's, clothes, TV's. I have come to see and know that if someone or something is no longer a part of my life, then God is going to replace them with something far better. I like to refer to 2011 (after getting through the grief of all the losses and feeling like it was THE worst year of my entire life.) as the year that the Universe rearranged my life so that I could gain clearer vision and focus on the things and people that bring me more joy! I am no longer willing to subject myself or take part in anything that does not bring me joy! Period. End of story.
 Life is very short, and I believe we must LIVE a happy life, not spend the majority of it in "pursuit" of happiness! My life is now, not tomorrow, not yesterday, but now. NOW is all we have, but you know, it is more than enough! I am not "out of the woods" yet, but I can definitely see the lake at the end of the trail!

No comments:

Post a Comment