Saturday, May 12, 2012

Thoughts on Home...


Home is where the warm, quiet stillness within my heart radiates outward...

Home is tangible... 


It's coming home to my vinyl-sided pale yellow castle and being bombarded with wet, sloppy kisses painted onto my cheeks from  a pair of little red hounds who have been longing for me to return from the day's adventures.

Home is where my organic veggie food grows in the backyard, sprouting up from the Earth to greet the warm Sun or thirstily drink in the raindrops on a grey October day.

At Home is where I dance on hardwood floors to rhythmic beats of Bono singing "Surrender" from 1983. Home IS surrendering...

Where we cuddle on the over-sized velvety  sofa with our  arms wrapped around each other, enthralled with a new release movie.

Home is where the fragrance of sweet Banana Nut bread baking in my oven permeates the entire house while candlelight glows in tandem with the full moonlight beaming brightly through  living room windows.

Home is Spiritual...
It comes along wherever I take my Being to places that are joy-filled. It is the stillness during a meditation when my eyes are closed and life in the physical world slows down and the dull roar becomes a gentle whisper...

Home is where the trees rustle as the wind of Spirit playfully tickles their leaves.

Home is the sea with blue-green waves sweeping the sandy shore as I inhale the intoxicating salty sea air!

Where seagulls plant their orange, spindly feet upon my lightly sunburned shoulders as they plead to me with those piercing all-knowing Avian eyes for "some of what I'm having."-And then, Home is when I "give in." 

Home is the company of family, not necessarily blood relatives, but my tribe of people and creatures that I have a history with. Where I am emotionally embraced and supported without judgement. 

Most of all, Home is Love... it's wherever I AM and I AM  everywhere I take me!


No comments:

Post a Comment